Post-Graduate Certificate in
STATECRAFT & STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
Title: Post-Graduate Certificate Statecraft & Strategic Leadership
Duration: 6-9 Months
Cost: N1, 885, 000/US$3,500
Cost covers: Tuition, Course materials, and all-inclusive one week study tour in Abuja or Amsterdam.
Installment payments are allowed
NEXT INTAKE – October – December, 2022
Program Start: 1st Week, March 2023
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Statecraft & Strategic Leadership Program – SSL is an Executive Professional Programme for senior professionals in public and private sectors already in positions of strategic responsibility in their organizations where they are expected to provide vision, lead a team, and drive change.
Prospective applicants must hold senior leadership positions in their organizations for no less than 10 years leadership experience. Qualified Private individuals, particularly women are encouraged to apply.
The Post-Graduate Certificate in SSL Program has a balanced mix of theoretical interrogations and pragmatic focus on leadership challenges, drawing from past and contemporary global examples. Participants will learn to build personal leadership competencies and understand how to manage diversity as transformative leaders in an increasingly complex world.
The Leadership Development courses are designed for mature individuals, supervisors and administrators, project managers, professionals, decision makers, and leaders who are responsible for initiating, facilitating, implementing, or managing change (or a change process) routine operations to bring value and governance to their organizations or community. Students are exposed to theories and studies of the leadership, technical, and legal issues confronting human resource managers in today’s dynamic political and business environment. Learning includes an examination of principles and techniques utilized to effectively lead and manage the human resource in modern diverse society and business organizations.
Leadership learning programs, courses, and activities are designed for a broad yet specific range of students in diverse communities. FLED Institute’s programs increase learners’ capability, confidence, and competence to produce value and remain competitive while changing their worlds.
The aims of the Programme are:
- To give students a high level of professional leadership education with requite skills and values to enable them function effectively as transformaitonal leaders in public and private institutions.
- To act as springboard for advanced studies in any area of Leadership, Management and Governance.
- To strengthen participants capacity to think holistically about politics, statehood, governance and leadership in aa rapidly changing global societies.
At the end of the programs, graduates should be able to do the following:
- Identify the emerging conceptual dynamics of leadership in the 21st century
- Explain and apply the principles of transformative leadership in their work places
- Describe how leaders create and sustain Organizational Culture
- Develop enhanced capacity to engage in Systems and Scenario Thinking processes
- Recognize key components of Strategic communications and how to apply them in leadership situations
- Explain how to manage Diversity for sustainable development
- Be able to apply Entrepreneurial skills in Leadership
- Be able to apply results of Social Impact Analysis in development planning and projects.
- Develop capacity to engage in practical mentorship exercise
The course is designed to strengthen the leadership competencies of participants to take responsibility for team leadership that promotes positive change as they work to implement their respective organization’s corporate mandate.
The SGL is a balanced mix of theoretical interrogations and pragmatic focus on the concept of statecraft, governance and strategic leadership in developing countries. Participants will learn to build competencies and understand how to manage diversity.
Collaborative And Cooperative Learning Philosophy
The course will be highly interactive and would utilize established functionally effective adult learning (Andragogy) methods to deliver the curriculum. The course is learner-focused; therefore, participants will be the key resource persons as they bring their own perspectives, experiences and knowledge into the training. Learning in teams or groups will serve the learning and programme objectives. It facilitates the learner’s responsibility for independent learning, yet enhances interdependent sharing and quick dissemination of information through small group/team exchanges. Learning teams discuss, prepare, or complete assignments and share learning resources.
The Faculty team will facilitate the training using the following learning methods:
- Collaborative & Group learning
- Problem-based learning
- Case Study.
A variety of techniques will be used to assess knowledge and skills acquired by the participants during the course. These will include self-assessment tests, pre-tests, post-tests, and levels of engagement in the entire course.
The Course will be assessed based on the following five key components:
- Theoretical Course work – Candidates are required to physical and online classes via our e-learning and dedicated social media platforms.
- Concepts Study/Seminar Presentation – Candidates are required to conduct in-depth study of a few concepts, prepare a paper on one topic, and make presentation on it for assessment.
- Mentoring Engagement – Candidates are engaged in practical mentorship assignment for a period of 3 months as part of the programme
- Social Impact Project – The Class is expected to organize and implement a social impact project that demonstrates their commitment to social responsibility. This will be carried out through the platform of FLED Institute.
- Field Study Tour – The Class is expected to undertake a visit to a corporate or governmental Institution within the country and overseas as part of the program.
Requirement for the award of Post-Graduate Certificate
- A student must have completed approved standard in his/her work and examinations
- A student must complete the given curricular as set forth by the Institute
- A student must have obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 1.50
- A student must have completed payment of approved program fees
The Course is divided into three Modules:
Module One: Developing Personal Leadership Competencies
Module Two: Developing Competency for Organizational Leadership
Module Three: Developing Competency for Social Entrepreneurship
Module One Courses
Personal Leadership Competencies
Concepts & Theories in Leadership
Concepts &Theories in Statecraft
The Trinity of Leadership
Module Two Courses
Communication Skills for Effective leadership
The Ecology of Public Leadership
Catalytic Thinking & Public Governance
Introduction to Transformative Leadership
Module Three Course
Social Entrepreneurship & Public Governance
Diversity Management & State Sustenance
Field Trip & Social Impact Project
Participants that successful complete the theoretical and practical aspects are issued with a Post-Graduate Certificate in Statecraft & Strategic Leadership from FLED International Leadership Institute.
It is expected that candidates that score high in the final grading could be qualified to enroll in Master’s Degree in Statecraft & Global Leadership, in the future.
For details, please contact
For registrations details, please contact
The Dean of Academic Programmes
FLED International Leadership Institute
Plot MF 57 Cadastral Zone, Karu Site, Abuja
Whatsapp: +234-708 015 7176