...the ecosystem of transformational public leaders
Public leaders are the drivers of public prosperity and development. They hold the key to the social, political and economic stability of organizations, institutions, and communities they lead.
Given the important role public leaders play, it is very important they are supported in definite ways to enable continue to discharge on public leadership responsibilities through peer learning, peer support, and peer review.
The Africa Centre for Public Leadership at FLED International Leadership Institute exists to support senior leaders in government, politics, civil society, and business to adapt creative ways to offer effective public leadership that make greater impact on the people.
Part of the mandate of the Centre is to identify and induct professional leaders from all possible fields into public leadership for continuing leadership development.
Our mission is to inspire transformative approach to public leadership that delivers greater impact for public interest.
Scope of Public Leadership
Public leadership encompass different spheres including political leadership – elected and appointed in democratic societies; professional leadership in public services including clinical leadership in health, public managers in local and state government; police leadership; media leadership, community or civic leadership in formal and informal roles.
Mandate of The Centre
- To recommend specialized public leadership training for senior public leaders at FLED Institute
- To identify professional leaders from around Africa for possible Induction into Public leadership at the Centre.
- To offer advice and support to government and private institutions on best means of delivering public leadership for greater public impact.
- To ensure public leaders undertake Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) at FLED Institute.
- To initiate continuing Peer Review processes for public leaders particularly among those Inducted into Public Leadership at the Centre.
- To organize public discourse and seminars to raise awareness about effective, values-driven public leadership.
Other roles include
- To evaluate applications and approve those qualified for induction.
- To conduct pre-induction training for confirmed applicants.
- To arrange, organize and complete all requisite processes leading to final induction of qualified candidates.
- To maintain a register of inducted leaders who eventually become Members of FLED Alumni Association– FAA.
- To supervise operations of FLED Alumni Association – FAA
- To regularly publish list of Inducted members who are qualified for leadership category upgrade, from time to time.
- To de-register inducted members who deliberately refuse to undertake MCPD over a period of time as determined by the Centre.
- To carry out any other functions that may be assigned to the Centre by FLED Institute, from time to time.
About Public Leadership Induction
To be inducted into Public Leadership is a way to translate individual from being a Private Citizen into a Public Citizen. It means submitting one’s private and public life to public scrutiny. It means committing to serving the public for public interest at all times.
Who is qualified to apply for Induction?
- If you lead an organization- a business, an NGO, school or any such
- If you are at mid-level management and above in your company or organization
- If you are on grade level 10 and above in the public service
- If you are a fully employed professional and desire to continue to build your leadership competence in a community of learning leaders.
- If you are in the academia or a private citizen seeking to professionalize your leadership practice.
Join the elite group of public leaders
FLED International Leadership Institute is a postgraduate leadership school and research Institution established in 1999 and approved by Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Education to offer Professional Certification in leadership practice.
For more information, contact
Africa Centre for Public Leadership
FLED International Leadership Institute
Plot MF 57 Cadastral Zone
KMC Street, Karu Site, Abuja
Tel/Whatsapp: +234-708 015 7176