Postgraduate Certificate in
EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP (PC-EL)
Course Duration: 9 months (online & Onsite)
Tuition: N95, 000/US$150
Installment Payments available
Target: School Administrators, Head teachers, Principals, Senior Teachers in Primary and Secondary Education levels.
The demands of 21st century life and work call for educational leaders with a deep understanding of how students learn and at what levels they need to learn. Our schools must have leaders who can provide teachers with the leadership and support they need to help students gain the skills and knowledge now identified as important for success in a “flat” world of uncertainty and constant change. Consequently, there is need to grow learning-centered school leaders who know how to create a professional environment where all the adults in the school are constantly improving their own skills and knowledge, and helping and challenging each other to serve the particular needs of every learner.
FLED International University now offers a Professional Certificate in Educational Leadership (PCEL). The course is designed to empower new school leaders at the Primary and Secondary Education levels who:
- Understand which school and classroom practices improve students’ achievement
- Know how to work with teachers to bring about positive change
- Support teachers in carrying out instructional practices that help all students succeed
PCEL draws from the need to shift educational leadership standards away from traditional pre-occupation with school management, and put the highest priority on results for students, resource mobilization and management. It lays strong emphasis on the developing personal leadership competencies of participants while exposing them to emerging intricacies of educational leadership.
- The concepts & theories of leadership
- Personal Leadership Competencies
- Contextualizing educational Leadership
- Effective leadership and students’ achievement
- The basics of successful educational leadership
- Distributed leadership in schools
- Creating School culture that enhance Student’s achievement
- Engaging Whole-School Mentoring Programme
- Seminar Paper
Course Completion Evaluation: Online & on-site
NOTE: FLED International University is a specialized graduate University established in 2021. It is not yet Accredited by National Universities Commission, therefore the University only offers certificated Courses outside the normal National Certificate Scheme.
For inquiries, please contact:
School of Education & Development Studies
Plot MF57 Cadastral Zone (KMC Hotel)
KMC Street, Karu Site, Abuja.
Tel: +234 -816-168-4262
Whatsapp: + 234-708-015-7176.