The Institute provides integrated Academic and non academic curricular that enhance intellectual scholarship, leadership competence, spiritual and emotional intelligence leading to the emergence of transformational leaders. We provide non-conventional, but industry-relevant curriculum for post-graduate students who seek to further their career and learn sustainable approaches to solving real-life problems.
Thematic Training Focus
- Leadership – professional leadership education
- Governance – capacity building for Political & Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurship – training & nurturing of small businesses
- Executive Programmes (EP)
- Non-Executive Programmes (NEP)
Executive Programmes (EP)
The Institute’s Executive Programmes are designed for executives and senior professionals in public and private sectors already in positions of strategic responsibility in their organizations where they are expected to provide vision, lead a team, and drive change. The programmes are structured to be flexible so that candidates can study while maintaining their jobs. There are scheduled interactive sessions at our different Campuses and designated study Centers, during which candidates present their research papers and participate in group events prior to graduation.
Each EP takes nine (9) months for completion of coursework, research and seminar presentations, field trips, and mentoring engagements.
Some courses in EP include
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Transformative Leadership (TL)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Gender and Transformative Leadership (GTL)
- Advanced Diploma in Statecraft, Governance & Strategic Leadership (SGSL)
- Advanced Diploma in Community Leadership & Public Governance (CLPG)
- Advanced Diploma in Conflict Transformation & Peace Building (CTP)
- Advanced Diploma in Kingdom Politics & Governance (KPG)
Non-Executive Programme (ELP)
Non-Executive Programmes are designed to broaden the visionary capacity of emerging leaders – men and women – to prepare them for public leadership roles. Six months is required to complete the coursework, research and seminar presentation, field trips and mentoring attachments.
Current Courses in the NEP include
- Diploma in Global Citizenship & Leadership (GCL)
- Diploma in Leadership for Politics & Public Governance (LPG)
- Diploma in Business & Entrepreneurial Leadership (BEL)
- Diploma in Ministerial Leadership & Social Impact (MLS)
All Academic programmes have the same component. These include:
Course work 50%
Research/Seminar Presentation 10%
Mentoring Engagement 20%
Social Impact project 10%
Field Trip 10%
Minimum Grade for Graduation is 60%
Non-Academic Programmes comprise short courses that could be held as group programmes for staff from the same organization or as open Courses. Groups or organizations may request to have any of the Courses conducted for them on-site or online at their own schedule.
Sample Non-Academic Programmes
- Leadership Development & Mentoring for Women in Politics
- Effective Leadership for Cooperative Societies
- Community Leadership for Integrated Rural Development
- Effective Classroom Mgt for Academic Enhancement
- Effective School-Based Leadership for School Administrators & Principals
- Report Writing & Minute Taking for Secretaries & Personal Assistants
- Effective Communications for Conflict Mgt & Mediation
- Effective Council Memo, Speech & Report Writing in the Public Service
- Effective Writing for Career Excellence in the Public Service
- Advanced Presentations & Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning for Organizational Development
- Leadership Skills Enhancement Course (LESEC)
Admissions into Academic programmes are advertised from time to time. A person must possess a minimum of tertiary education in any discipline to be admitted into the Institute’s Academic programmes.
Candidates that Complete the Institute’s Academic Programmes are issued with Diplomas or Certificates of Proficiency while those that attend Non-Academic Programmes are issued Certificates of Course Completion.
The Institute delivers its programmes through a distinguished multi-disciplinary team of Resident, Visiting Faculty, and Associate Faculty members, each with leadership experience in business, public service, corporate governance, and academia.
Appointment into Faculty is at the discretion of the Institute and is based on fulfilling established criteria. Click here for details: FACULTY
For inquiries, please contact
The Dean of Programmes
FLED International Leadership Institute
Suite 35, Vicdondom Plaza, Karu Site, Abuja
Tel: +234 – 708 015 7176