Title: Advanced Diploma in Kingdom Politics & Governance
Duration: Nine Months (Two-semester programme)
Course fee: ₦150,000/$370
Discounted Fee ₦750,000/$185
Delivery Platform: Online & Onsite
Next In-take: February 2022
Politics determines the direction of a nation’s economic prosperity and social stability. In any democratic environment, apart from registered political parties, individuals and pressure groups are constantly engaged in political activities for different reasons. The engagement of these people is what helps to shape the political culture of that society.
One set of people that seem to be lackadaisical about political participation is the Christians. The reason is that many sincere Christian people do not know to what extent politics affects their life. Many believe politics is dirty; therefore, it is not for decent people. Many Christians actually believe it is not possible for one to be a ‘true Christian’ and be a decent politician.
These are strong perceptions that have deterred ordinary, but capable Christian people from coming forward to participate in the political processes including contesting for political positions.
Political leadership requires a great deal of artistry. Given the complexity of society in the 21st century, Christians aspiring for political leadership at any level must understand these complexities and how master how to drive society towards sustainable development and stability. Emerging political leaders must understand the unfolding trends as well as be equipped with requisite political skills to navigate the contours of public leadership in a diverse world.
Kingdom Politics & Governance (KPG) is an Executive Programme designed to raise high quality political leaders from among the cream of Christian faithful. The programme is designed to broaden the visionary capacity of potential Christian Politicians to take public politics as a long-term engagement, and to prepare them for in-depth public leadership roles.
The Programme has a balanced mix of theoretical interrogations and pragmatic focus on practical leadership challenges, drawing from Scriptural foundations as well as from past and contemporary global leadership examples. Participants will learn to build personal leadership competencies, understand how to manage diversity, and deal with the grey dimensions of political leadership.
FLED Institute’s programmes increase learners’ capability, confidence, and competence to produce value and remain competitive while changing their worlds. We help learners acquire skills, capacity, and discipline to engage in continuous improvement, change, and development, and to deliver full baseline knowledge.
Overall Learning Objectives
“Learners’ will accomplish any or a combination of the following objectives upon completion of the programme.
- Identify the emerging conceptual dynamics of leadership in the 21st century
- Explain and apply the principles of transformative leadership in public politics
- Describe the concept of Kingdom Politics and its application in the public space
- Develop enhanced capacity to engage in Systems Thinking processes
- Explain how to manage Diversity for sustainable development
- Be able to conduct Social Impact Analysis and apply the result in development planning and projects.
- Develop capacity to engage in practical mentorship exercise
Cooperative Learning Philosophy
The course will be highly interactive and would utilize established functionally effective adult learning (Andragogy) methods to deliver the curriculum. The course is learner-focused; therefore, participants will be the key resource persons as they bring their own perspectives, experiences and knowledge into the training. Learning in teams or groups will serve the learning and programme objectives.
Learning teams discuss, prepare, or complete assignments and share learning resources. This facilitates responsibility for independent learning, and enhances interdependent sharing and quick dissemination of information through small group/team exchanges.
The demonstration of skills and mastery of knowledge in this Course will be assessed according to established criteria.
A variety of techniques will be used to assess knowledge and skills acquired by the participants during the course. These will include self-assessment tests, pre-tests, post-tests, and levels of engagement in the entire course. The Course will be assessed based on the following five key components:
- Theoretical Course work – Candidates are required to physical and online classes via our e-learning portal and dedicated social media platforms.
- Concepts Study/Seminar Presentation – Candidates are required to conduct in-depth study of a few concepts, prepare a paper on one topic, and make presentation on it for assessment.
- Mentoring Engagement – Candidates are engaged in practical mentorship assignment for a period of 3 months as part of the programme
- Social Impact Project – The Class is expected to organise and implement a social impact project that demonstrates their commitment to social responsibility. This will be carried out through the platform of FLED Institute.
- Guided Field Study Tour – The Class is expected to undertake a visit to a corporate or governmental Institution as part of study tour.
|S/N||COURSE TITLE||Code||Credit Units|
|1||Concepts in Leadership||KP 501||2|
|2||Kingdom Leadership Perspectives||KP 502||3|
|3||The Trinity of Leadership||KP 503||2|
|4||Dynamics of Public Governance||KP 504||3|
|5||Systems Thinking||KP 505||3|
|6||The Ant Phenomenon in Leadership||KP 506||2|
|7||Principles of Transformative Leadership||KP 507||2|
|Total Credit||17 Units|
|8||The Ecology of Public Leadership||KP 510||2|
|9||Diversity Management in Leadership||LP 511||2|
|10||Leadership Branding||LP 512||2|
|11||The Art of Public Speaking||KP 513||2|
|12||Political Mentorship & Godfatherism||LP 514||2|
|13||Social Impact Analysis||SA 405||2|
|14||Concepts Study/Seminar Presentation||CS 507||3|
|15||Mentorship Practicum||ME 403||3|
|Total Credit||18 units|
|Total Programme Credits||35 Units|
Who Can Apply
Christians who desire to enter public politics on a long-term.
Those that would like to work for those who will be contesting in elections.
Those that want to expand their knowledge about political participation from a Biblical perspective.
The course is graded and participants that successful complete the theoretical and practical aspects are issued with Advanced Diploma Politics & Governance.
For details, please contact
The Dean of Programmes
FLED International Leadership Institute
Suite 35, Vicdondom Plaza, Karu Site, Abuja
Tel: 0803 326 1363, 0708 015 7176