FLED Members & Alumni Association (FMAA)
What is FLED Members & Alumni?
The Association exists to ensure continuing exchange among Members and Alumni of the Institute. Particularly, FMAA exists to support the FLED’s vision to build understanding and shared concern for the transformation of Africa. This, then, becomes the basis for long-term professional co-operation and friendship.
Partnership that promotes excellence in leadership practice.
To relate, communicate, and share resources for mutual support and benefit.
- Strengthen the bonds of fellowship and cooperation between the Institute and the alumni through social events, as galas and community service functions.
- Foster the sense of loyalty among the alumni towards the Institute.
- Help the members and alumni to find opportunities of professional advancement in their fields of specialization.
- Help with admissions efforts and Membership Recruitments; advocacy and lobbying; advising on programs; and the contribution and solicitation of financial support.
- Help to build and grow the institute’s brand through word-of-mouth marketing. FLED Institute also relies on her members and alumni to provide mentoring, internships, and career opportunities to our students.
- Contributing scholarships to deserving students.
How be active in the Association
- Get reconnected.
- Get involved in the Association.
- Pick a few events to attend every year.
- Become a resource person.
- Reach out to fellow members and alums.
- Commit to staying in touch with key people.
- Be a good referral partner and a people connector.
- Be Relevant.
- Stay True to our Brand
- Free alumni webinars and social media posts. These will help you stay up-to-date on campus activities, events, faculty, and stay in touch with other members & alumni.
- Discounts for registering for hands-on courses, workshops and conferences held by the Institute and FLED Foundation.
- Easily identified and invited to serve in different capacities at the Institute.
There are 2 levels of Membership
- Regular Members & Honourary Members
There are 3 categories of Regular Members of the Association
- Inducted Members of FLED Institute have taken a Course(s) at the Institute
- Inducted Members who have not taken a course at the Institute
- Alumni Members who have not been Inducted as Members of FLED Institute
We expect that every inducted Member that has not taken a course at the Institute will do so. We also expect that every Alumni should do their best to become an Inducted a Member of FLED Institute.
There is a One-time Membership fee of N5,000 ($10) to be paid at the time of admission by those who are either Members or Alumni only, and N2500 ($5) by those who are both Inducted Members & Alumni. There is a monthly fee of N2,000 ($4) for everyone.
For rules and operational guide of the Association, click the link below
For inquiries, contact
The Members & Alumni Service Team
KMC Hotel, Karu Site, Abuja
Tel: +234(0)708 015 7176