Professional Certificate in
POLITICAL COMMUNICATION & MARKETING
Title: Professional Certificate in Political Communication & Marketing
Duration: 6 months
Cost covers: Tuition, Course materials, all-inclusive
Public politics is 80% communication. Without a strong possession of political communication knowledge and skills, individual engaging in public politics will become a liability to themselves and to their potential constituents. Also, participating in public politics requires uncommon dexterity and panache. It demands the application of mix of skills and strategies to navigate the contours of political terrain. It also requires engagement of diverse human resources working from different fronts by for the same purpose. The coordination of all of these is a huge task.
Communication & Marketing Studies addresses critical thinking, communicative concepts and skills, and relational and participatory effectiveness in personal, public, and professional spheres. This course will give you the tools needed to dissect your experiences in our communicative world, namely the theory and practice of political communication in the Nigeria and around the world.
The success of any democracy depends upon open and direct communication between citizens and those who govern them. Therefore, the main goal of this course is to teach participants about the role of communication in informing, influencing, and legitimizing decisions in domestic politics. To this end, participants will examine the intersection of politics and communication; specifically, the interaction of media, politicians, and the constituency, thus providing a survey of the field of political communication. Emphasis will be given to the role of political communication and marketing as practiced by the mass media, political candidates, policymakers, and the electorate.
The Political Communication & Marketing Course is designed to deliver maximum impact on all participants that wish to acquire competencies of excellence in the effective management of communication and marketing processes linked to political activities, electoral campaigns and post-election public engagements.
At the completion of the Course, you should be able to:
- Identify and explain key concepts in political communication and apply that knowledge to communicative situations occurring in the public sphere;
- Recognize, describe, and demonstrate how political candidates and elected officials employ and are constrained by communication;
- Analyze, evaluate, and compare the persuasiveness of political actions,
- Deploy social media and the web for political-electoral marketing and communication
- Manage press office activities that promote political candidates
Leadership learning programs, courses, and activities are designed for a broad yet specific range of adult professional students who desire to pursue their careers and professions, and be inspired to remain competitive.
Who should attend?
The program is designed for politically active individuals who are looking to enhance their skills for public engagement in the ever-expanding political space.
Module 1. Leadership for politics
- Political Leadership Competencies – Grooming & Self-esteem validation
- The BRA Leadership Principle
- Personal Branding for Political exposure
Module 2. Public speaking
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- How to Engage the Audience with your message
- Assertive Communication Skills
Module 3. Political Marketing via Web and social media
- Web and Social Media campaign planning
- Using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ for political communication
- Emailing techniques
Module 4. Political Press Office
- Strategic Media Relations
- Setting up the Press Office
- The planning of activities
Module 5. Organizing events
- Choice of the most suitable events to reach objectives
- Budget definition through the evaluation of economic aspects
- Practical organization of the event.
Module 6. Political Fundraising
- Fundraising techniques and tactics
- Fundraising patterns
Module 7. Managing Electoral campaign
- Candidate and party campaign analyses
- Leader and political party positioning analyses
- The thematic campaign
- Territorial campaign
- Campaign impact evaluations
- Election projections and post-election surveys
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Political Communication & Marketing by FLED International Leadership Institute/FLED International University, Abuja – Nigeria.
For inquiries, contact
The Dean, Faculty of Public Leadership & Governance
Plot MF 57 Cadastral Zone, Karu Site, Abuja
Whatsapp: +234 – 708 015 7176