FLED INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
The Foundation for Leadership & Education Development – FLED – is a Charitable Foundation of incorporated Trustees established in Nigeria on April 17, 1995. The idea to establish the foundation was conceived by Joseph C. Ibekwe, as a response to an encounter he had with the Lord on February 17, 1995 wherein he received a mandate to “go raise the foundations of many generations…”. Over the years, we have built critical institutional knowledge which enables us to continue to deliver high quality programmes and services. At the outset, we adopted an entrepreneurial attitude to our social mission. This social mission is primarily about people-benefit and not about bottom-line (financial profits).
Since 1995, FLED has promoted several projects and initiatives that advance leadership, entrepreneurship, educational development, civic engagements, humanitarian and spiritual advancements in Nigeria and around the world. In the past years, a number of other organisations have been set up to focus on specific aspects of the mandate. These organisations now make up the FLED GROUP. These include, among others, the following:
- Foundation for Leadership & Education Development
- FLED International Leadership Institute
- Chapel of Grace Transformation Ministry (Graced Family Chapel)
- Kingdom Impact Network
Essentially, FLED exists as a visionary mandate to empower individuals, and to create opportunities for them to harness their life’s potentials on the basis of Christian values of love and human development. All the projects by FLED GROUP are open for general benefit without restrictions on the basis of religious, cultural, social or ethnic backgrounds or affiliations.
FLED INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
In 2008, the leadership of FLED created a Strategic Development Plan (SDP) after a series of workshops facilitated by external consultants. The Strategic Plan has different dimensions as contained in the SDP document. It is to run from 2009 – 2025, to coincide with the 30th year anniversary of the Mandate, by 2025.
In order to implement the last phase of the Strategic Plan, we have launched an N4.5b FLED INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (FIDF 2025). This fund is to enable us to expand our operations in Nigeria and Africa.
The FLED Fund is to help us complete the following projects and to attain the following outcomes, by 2025:
- Complete the FLED LEADERSHIP CITY in Abuja with the following features:
- Construct Training/Seminar rooms with capacities between 25 to 50 each
- Build a 1000 – capacity Conference hall, and another 150-capacity hall
- Build an Administrative block with e-library
- Construct a 100-room lodging facility with restaurant
- Build 50 Units of semidetached 3-bedroom bungalows for Staff and other residents
- Construct FLED Mission School (Nursery, Primary & Secondary)
- Construct Recreational lounge & sporting facilities within FLED Leadership City
- Construct a multi-functional facility for Chapel of Grace Transformation Ministry
- Carry out other ministry-related projects and humanitarian work in Nigeria and beyond.
- Establish FLED Institute’s Mini-Campuses with requisite learning facilities in the following cities in Nigeria: Lagos, Enugu, Kaduna, Gombe, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, and Makurdi.
- Graduate 3,500 Professional Leaders and Fellows through FLED Institute’s professional leadership training programmes.
- Certify 700 Leadership Trainers and Facilitators through the Leadership Trainers Certification Course (LTCC).
- Train 50,000 College Prefects, 5,000 Student leaders on Campus, and 1,500 mid-career professionals through the Leadership Skills Enhancement Course (LESEC).
- Train 3,000 Young Entrepreneurial leaders through the Entrepreneurial Leadership Course (ELC) and provide 500 of them with start-up capital through the Grants for Small Enterprises (GSE), initiative.
- Engage 1000 Mentors to provide Mentoring support to 5,000 Emerging Leaders through Fled Mentoring Programme (FMP) and Leadership Discovery for Women (LD4W) Programme.
- Induct 30, 000 new Members into FLED Institute as Transformational Leaders
- To provide grants to Research Fellows at FLED Institute and offer scholarship to participants in FLED Africa Fellows Programme.
- Organize public events including People & Power Conferences, FLED Foreign Policy Dialogues, publish books and engage in strategic research to promote peace and deepen professional knowledge on transformational leadership and track leadership impact through Social accountability.
How To Partner us
You could partner with us in any of the following categories:
- Infrastructure & Capacity Development (ICP) – your donation will help us with the physical construction works at FLED Leadership City, in Abuja as well set up Mini-campuses in the locations mentioned above; organize People & Power Conferences, etc. Partners can have their names or names of their organisations indicated on specific projects in the City. Donation Platform: Fled International Leadership Institute.
- Grants for Small Enterprises (GSE) – your money will enable us organize Entrepreneurial Leadership Skills Enhancement Courses (ELSE-C) for youths and women entrepreneurs; give them seed money to start their businesses as well as offer them Coaching and Mentoring till their businesses stabilize. Donation Platform: Foundation for Leadership & Education Development.
- Education & Scholarship Supports (ESS) – your money will be used to implement FLED Africa Fellows Programme; provide grants to FLED Research Fellows; and support outstanding candidates to attend Professional Courses at Fled Institute, particularly women who might not otherwise be able to do so. It will also enable us to host educational programmes like Inter-collegiate Public Speaking Contests, Holiday Life Skills Enhancement programmes for Young people, and more. Donation Platform: Foundation for Leadership & Education Development.
- Ministry Support (MS) – your donation will enable us to carry out several ministry-related activities at Chapel of Grace Transformation Ministry including Capacity Enhancement for Ministers in the Rural Areas of Nigeria, Church Planting projects, Mission Trips across the country and other kingdom-related initiatives. Donation Platform: Chapel of Grace Transformation Ministry.
FIVE REASONS TO DONATE TO FLED
FLED is a single Mandate, implemented through different organisational platforms. There are five reasons we ask you to Partner with us and donate to FLED.
- Your money goes directly to what it is meant for – We put resources where they are meant and keep track of our supporters.
- Accountability is built into our model – We are answerable to our partners and supporters. All monies donated are accounted for, regarding beneficiaries and projects executed with them. We are open to scrutiny.
- We are unique and focused – We are focused and deliberate in our work. We approach our work from a multi-disciplinary perspective. We deploy the best available technology to deliver our programmes and services, thereby reducing cost of overhead. FLED is also a brand that is being lobbied by other organisations.
- We win Together – It’s about all of us. When you partner with us, we win together. With your permission, we shall feature your work or your organisation in our magazine – Future World magazine or in any of our websites (www.fledgroup.org.ng, www.institute.fledgroup.org.ng, www.cgtmglobal.fledgroup.org.ng). This gives you leverage. We win together when one life gets transformed because you gave seed money to someone to start a business; or supported another person to achieve their dream, and made it possible for several others to receive the good news about destiny; while we provided the services. That’s how we win together with you.
- People and Opportunities – FLED stands for people and opportunities. We are committed to building lives and empowering people to live out their dreams. This is the sweet spirit that drives our work. We invite you to share in this sweetness through your financial support as you become a FLED PARTNER, today!
FLED is nurturing an Ecosystem of Transformational Leadersin Africa. We want you to join us to get this job done for Africa, from Nigeria.
Ways to donate
You can make a quick one-off donation or set-up regular giving schedule for any of the partnership options. Always USE the appropriate institutional account to send your donations. Once you give, please fill out the donation form and indicate what you would like your donation to be used for.
All our Partners will be duly acknowledged; will be given regular reports on progress of work; an invited to FLED Partner’s Dinner.
Use the details here to make your donation, please Click here.
Thank you so much.
If you require more information about FIDF-2025, please contact
Joseph C. Ibekwe, FSGS
The CEO, FLED GROUP
Suite 35, Citi Centa Plaza, Karu District, Abuja
Tel: +234 803 326 1363, +234 708 015 7176
FLED… EMPOWERING PEOPLE, CREATING OPPORTUNITIES